To be the benchmark agency for nurturing hope and development of the whole child.
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The Boys & Girls Club of Bluffton was founded in the M.C. Riley Cafeteria in 1998 to provide programs and relational support to help youth develop the attitudes, skills values and behaviors that enable them to succeed in life. It moved to its current, purpose-built location in 2005.
Today, the Boys & Girls Club of Bluffton serves over 600 members annually. Over the last 20 years, more than 4,000 children and teens have walked through our doors.
What We Do
We provide a fun, safe and affordable place for young people, ages 6-18, when they are not at home or in school. Twelve Bluffton-area schools transport nearly 350 students to our Club every day. The demand for services is growing with the local population. We have a waitlist of over 500 families ready to enroll in our programs when space is available. We offer programs and services designed to build character and strengthen life skills.
Club programs are the core of the members' activities. People know the Boys & Girls Clubs are safe and secure places for Club members to interact with their friends, classmates, and staff every day after school and during the summer. What many people don't know is what happens inside the Clubs' programs to create seeds of academic success, athletic performance, artistic expression, civic involvement and character development. Each Club's programs focus on (5) core areas which are: Character & Leadership Development, Education & Career Development, Health & Life Skills, The Arts and Sports/Fitness & Recreation.
1. Character & Leadership Development: empowers Club members to support and give to their community by fostering fundamental integrity, meaningful relationships and a positive self-image.
2. Education & Career Development: enables youth to invest their time and talent in education and technology as they focus on future employment opportunities.
3. Health & Life Skills: promotes positive behavior that helps Club members nurture their own well-being, achieve personal goals and develop skills to achieve self-sufficiency as adults.
4. The Arts: encourages creative expression and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of arts, crafts, performing arts and creative writing.
5. Sports/Fitness & Recreation: develops fitness, social skills and teamwork while promoting the positive use of leisure time through healthy exercise.